The Most Amazing and Creative Classic Marriage Proposal in Egypt

You may have thought that you've had already seen or viewed the sweetest and most amazing marriage proposal. Though a lot had been uploaded on several networking sites like a dancing flash mob proposal.

After watching several marriage proposals claiming to be the best. This proposal held in the desert of Cairo, Egypt is simply classic but truly rocks.


Emil just did a great and a classy proposal to his on and only love Merna Faheem.

Merna had created an article about the proposal and their love story.

She thought that they were just going to Beit El Wadi where they'll host summer camps to film some game promos with the help of their friends.

Her friends told her to act as if she had just won an Oscar and everyone around her would be cheering her while she drove the cab.

At first She saw her first friend appear with a sign that said something like “Warning: No Matter What, Never Look Behind”. Which she didn't get it and made her think, “What a goofy guy. Where’d he even find that poster at Wadi?”

It didn't even click until she started seeing the second banner with the date they met. From then on tears of joy started kissing her cheek upon seeing the 13 posters that followed that had special moments in their lives together.

Valentines Day has just passed by but it's still worth sharing this thoughtful and romantic proposal ever.

Click To Watch The Video
hwlPx9hzTsI
After watching several marriage proposals claiming to be the best. This proposal held in the desert of Cairo, Egypt is simply classic but truly rocks.

Their Story:

We met on the volleyball courts at Wadi on Feb 18th, 2011. It was ridiculously funny because that day we were playing against each other and no matter how hard I tried not to, I’d ALWAYS set the ball up to HIM on the other side of the court (and I used to be setter in my high school volbol team!).

Guess it was meant to be ;)

Then it all came together the next day when he told me to save him a seat next to me on the bus ride back to Cairo.

And long story short, we've been best friends since!

We've had our fair share of ups and downs and our spurs of disagreements and fall outs.

Looking back at it now, I am still grateful for all the “dark” times because it’s made us the couple we are today – cheesy as that may sound, it’s true.

We've faced plenty of trust issues, jealousy, and my least favorite of our time together – him studying abroad.

“All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me… You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.” – Walt Disney

Even through the troubles we faced that seemed almost impossible to overcome, we still made it through in miraculous ways that we still can’t explain ourselves.

It was definitely the best surprise yet… better than my 2011 birthday surprise that he also excelled at executing.

He’s extraordinary and he’s a big reason for my drive for extraordinariness.

And HE SINGS! Never thought I’d see this day but I’m super glad he did that… Next stop, DANCING TOWN!

One of the most touching things to me that day was seeing him come into the tent after his family’s beautiful messages and that AMAZING song, “38 Months”. I don’t think I can ever forget seeing that handsome face of his.

He looked so purely happy. So simply in love and I couldn't help but hug him and basically collapse around him.

It wasn't very clear in the video but I kept asking him to hold me and not let go (not so much a romantic gesture as much it was a desperate need for balance) and he’d say, “Mero, I really should get down on one knee now.” and I’d just say “No! I just need you to hold me now.”

Finally, he managed to stabilize me as he got down to one knee and popped the big Q.

I honestly don’t remember what happened next :) But it was a fabulous feeling.

AFTER we got out of the tent and everyone congratulated us, I remembered there was a ring in the process too!

I think this reaction speaks volumes:



My entire mind and body were overwhelmed. I only started to really process all my emotions properly on our way back to Cairo.



And I’m super grateful that we shared this beautiful day with some of the truly special people in my life.

Agh. SO grateful!



And I’m also very thankful to my skilled photography/videography friends for all their help and enduring the smoldering heat in that tent!

I’m just… grateful. And SO HAPPY! So very excited for what’s to come.

But first, it’s time to graduate.

Share on Google Plus
    Facebook Comment